Thursday 9 June 2011

The Vinyl Battle For Your Soul...

So, I just took delivery of some more vinyl for my slowly but surely growing collection and what that big ole' record case desperately needed was some real old fashioned soul albums. Now, I don't know much about the genre but figured I couldn't go wrong with a couple of soul legends? I put my records on, settled down with a big cup of coffee and let the music play out. Thing is, for me, one stands head and shoulders above the other...

So I'm wondering, in the vinyl battle for your soul, who would win?

You can turn me off by muting the volume button on the right....then click on the artist links above to listen. Be sure to let me know what you think. Oh, and if you too want to get to know your soul a little better (and if you're a spotify member) you can download my girl's playlist - You've Got Soul featuring music from Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Marlene Shaw, Tina Turner, Sam Cooke, Solomon Burke - all the greats.... Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. The musical chemistry between Joy Williams and John Paul White results in music that will send a chill down your spine. Straddling several genres of music from folk, country, and roots/Americana, The Civil Wars are the real deal. They are a great example that less is more in this era of over produced, commercialized "music" that panders to the lowest common denominator. Support these talented musicians and buy their album, see them live and tell your friends.

    ReplyDelete